November 2, 2021 – 1:00 p.m.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission, John H. Winters Building, Public Hearing Room 125, first floor
701 West 51st Street
Austin, Emission 78751
Section 46.03 (a) (14) of the Texas Penal Code states: “A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly or recklessly possesses or uses a firearm, narrow-area knife, club or weapon. prohibited listed in section 46.05 (a)… in the room or rooms where a meeting of a government entity is being held, if the meeting is a public meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and if the entity has provided a notice as required by this chapter.
Please note that this government meeting is, in the opinion of the lawyer representing the Board of Health and Human Services, a public meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and that the Board of Health and Human Services provides a notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. Besides, please note that the written communication required by Section 46.15 (o) of the Texas Penal Code, prohibiting firearms and other weapons prohibited under Section 46.03, will be posted at the entrances to this government meeting.
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public can attend the meeting in person at the above address or access a live broadcast of the meeting at https://texashhsmeetings.org/HHSWebcast. Select the tab for the Winters Live Public Courtroom on the date and time for that meeting. Please send an email to [email protected] if you have any problem with the webcast feature.
This meeting will also take place by videoconference in accordance with the requirements of article 551.127 of the Government Code. The Committee member chairing the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Participants who wish to provide public comment should see the Public comment heading below.
- Welcome and presentations
- Consideration of July 29, 2021, meeting report
- Texas Home Living Renewal Update
- Review of statutes
- Results of the daytime accreditation survey
- House Bill 3720, 87th Parliament, Ordinary Session (2021)
- American Rescue Plan Act, Texas Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP) proposal to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- DLI-SRAC recommendations for the annual legislative report on the implementation of acute care and long-term care and support services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Electronic verification of visits
- Updates from the IDD-SRAC subcommittee
- Public comment
- Review of action items and agenda items for the next meeting
Public comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes comments from the public on matters related to all of the agenda items mentioned above. Members of the public who wish to provide public comment can choose from the following options:
- Oral comments provided virtually: Members of the public should register in advance to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a public comment registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/IDDSRAC_PCReg_Nov2021 no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 29, 2021. Please check the correct box on the public comment registration form and provide your name, either the organization you represent or speak to as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. If you have completed the public comment sign-up form, you will receive an email the day before the meeting with instructions for providing virtual public comments. Public comments are limited to three minutes. Each speaker providing oral public comment virtually must ensure that their face is visible and their voice is audible to other participants as they speak. Each speaker must indicate their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if applicable). If you pre-register to speak and would like to provide a document prior to the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in an accessible PDF format which will be distributed by HHS staff to DLI-SRAC members and staff. State. Documents are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, single side). Documents should be emailed to [email protected] immediately after pre-registration, but no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 29, 2021, and include the name of the person commenting. Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments or documents. Staff will not read documents aloud during the meeting, but documents will be provided to DLI-SRAC members and government staff.
- Written comments: Members of the public can provide written public comments by completing a public comment registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/IDDSRAC_PCReg_Nov2021. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comments should email the comments to [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 29, 2021. Please include your name and the organization that you represent. or that you speak as a private citizen. Written comments should be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registration and include the name of the person who will comment. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, one side only). Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to DLI-SRAC members and Crown staff.
- Oral comments provided in person at the meeting location: Members of the public can provide oral public comments during the in-person meeting at the meeting venue either by pre-registering using the form above, or without pre-registering by completing a form at the meeting location. entrance to the meeting room. Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content or meeting arrangements should be directed to Beren Dutra, Advisory Committee Liaison, Medicaid and CHIP Services, at 512-438-4329, [email protected] .us.
Those who wish to attend the meeting and need technology or support services should contact Dutra at 512-428-4329 or [email protected] at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.