Fourteen Maine community college students have been named to the 2022 All-Maine Academic Team in recognition of their outstanding academic achievement, leadership and service, according to a news release from the Augusta-based Maine Community College System.
The students receiving the award and a $500 scholarship from the MCCS Board of Trustees are:
• Miranda Kelly, Camden, Central Maine Community College in Auburn
• Kenzie Langley, Lewiston, Central Maine Community College;
• Emily Schmidt, Lewiston, Central Maine Community College;
• Victoria Glynn, Blue Hill, Eastern Maine Community College in Bangor;
• Ryan Pelkey, Millinocket, Eastern Maine Community College;
• Rebecca Peters, Lincoln, Eastern Maine Community College;
• Rebecca Book, Caribou, Community College of Northern Maine in Près Isle;
• Deborah Jean-François, Bairdsville, New Brunswick, Northern Maine Community College, Près Isle;
• Andrea Atkinson, Portland, Southern Maine Community College in South Portland/Brunswick;
• Dominique Hopkins, Biddeford, Southern Maine Community College;
• Elizabeth Churchill, Robbinston, Washington County Community College in Calais;
• Courtney Kake, Baileyville, Washington County Community College;
• Billie Jo Warren, Franklin, Washington County Community College, and;
• Heidi West, Eliot, York County Community College in Wells.
Additionally, Atkinson and Peters were named Maine New Century Scholars for achieving the highest scores in the state in their All-USA Academic Team nominations.
Atkinson has been named a 2022 Maine New Century Transfer Pathway Scholar and will receive a $2,250 scholarship.
Peters is the 2022 Maine New Century Workforce Pathway Scholar and will receive a $1,250 scholarship.
Kelly was one of 50 students nationwide named the Coca-Cola Academic Team Gold Scholar and will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
The New Century Pathway Scholarship Program is sponsored by The Coca-Cola Foundation, The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, The American Association of Community Colleges, and Phi Theta Kappa. Only one New Century Transfer and Workforce Fellow is selected from each state.
The All-Maine Academic Team is a program of Phi Theta Kappa, an international honor society for two-year colleges. Students are nominated and selected for the team by their college.
Farmington to participate in National Prescription Drug Recovery Day