DAHLIN is a growing architectural and planning firm of more than 150 multicultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience in building the communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human growth and well-being. It’s the same Passion for the place® starts with our own work environment, a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) for more information.
We are currently looking for a PROJECT ASSISTANT / COORDINATOR join our PLEASANTON, CA Desk. Under minimal supervision, this administrative professional will coordinate activities related to project administration and support project managers in the areas of communication, documentation and standardization. Ensure consistency in the delivery of projects in all sectors and geographic regions, as well as improve the quality of deliverables. The Project Assistant / Coordinator will provide administrative support to directors, project teams and staff as required, including preparation of reports and documents, editing of project specifications, travel arrangements, coding invoices, copying, filing, coordinating meetings and other administrative tasks.
- Help directors and project managers prepare and track project schedules, budgets and invoicing.
- Manage project correspondence; provide support to project managers with the construction administration to ensure bids, RFIs, PRs, ASIs, change orders and ensure contract completion documents are recorded and documented correctly for for project team members to review.
- Review master agreement and subcontracting agreements, copy agreements, scope and schedule; prepare and coordinate amendments as needed.
- Coordinate, monitor and process invoices from sub-consultants in collaboration with the project and accounting teams.
- Attend meetings and prepare draft meeting minutes for PM approval.
- Coordinate project documents for reproduction and distribution.
- Receive and review all incoming construction correspondence / bids and forward or respond as required under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Prepare, monitor, edit and execute all project proposals.
- Help set up the project and monitor income in Ajera.
- Review and coordinate project closing documents.
- Provide administrative support to directors, directors, project teams and staff, proactively anticipating needs and ensuring task completion. These tasks include, but are not limited to, preparing reports and documents, making travel arrangements, scheduling events and meetings, and reimbursing full cycle expense reports, all done in a timely manner with a attention to detail and accuracy.
- Create, edit, and edit complex documents, proposals, presentations and spreadsheets in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional, service oriented demeanor with a friendly, flexible and positive attitude.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven punctuality and reliable presence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage a task from start to finish.
- Communication and problem solving initiative.
- A strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity; ability to handle highly confidential matters with discretion.
- Knowledge of contract management appreciated.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous experience in supporting the leaders of a medium to large-sized company.
- Work in a creative or professional service environment supporting multiple leaders.
- Experience working with an architectural or engineering firm an asset.
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without any visa restrictions or sponsorship.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. The excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the option to participate in flexible pre-tax spending plans for medical, childcare and commuting, employee stock ownership plan and 401k.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large number of inquiries we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!