INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that helps victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job title: Recruitment officer
Duty station: Dakar
Start date: 01/07/2022
Duration of the contract: 12 months (renewable)
Reporting to: Active Recruitment Manager
Supervision of: –
Dependents: Family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
General objective of the position
Under the supervision of the Active Recruitment Manager and in close collaboration with colleagues from the Human Resources Department, the Recruitment Officer is in charge of recruiting staff for INTERSOS missions, in accordance with the organization’s internal recruitment policies and procedures.
The Recruitment Officer will work within the INTERSOS recruitment team and will be based at the INTERSOS Hub in Dakar. The person will work with a specific geographic focus on the Africa region.
The recruitment officer will contribute to the implementation of the INTERSOS strategy to attract new talent and improve recruitment capacity with reference to French-speaking countries.
Main responsibilities and tasks
1) The recruitment officer, in coordination with his referent, will support the INTERSOS recruitment team in the recruitment of staff by ensuring the consistent application of the INTERSOS recruitment policy and internal standards and procedures. In particular, he/she must:
- Oversee the preparation and posting of vacancies based on staff requests;
- Be in charge of the recruitment process, including screening applications, screening and interviewing candidates, conducting reference checks;
- Prepare collaboration proposals, according to the INTERSOS remuneration structure, and submit them to the HRD/Area HRCO;
- Supervise the management of information on the INTERSOS HR software (IMP) by encoding and archiving the evaluations and reports of the candidates, guaranteeing the confidentiality of personal data;
- Provide regular updates on recruitment activities and attend regular staff meetings to participate in information sharing within the INTERSOS recruitment team and HR department;
2) The Recruitment Officer, under the supervision of his referent, will contribute to the implementation of the INTERSOS talent acquisition strategy, focusing on French-speaking profiles. In particular, he/she must:
- Contribute to networking activities with relevant INGOs, supporting the first assessment, networking implementation and regular monitoring and follow-up;
- Support the organization of meetings with recruitment offices of relevant and similar INGOs, to build strong relationships, share best practices and ideas;
- Support the identification of new talent acquisition channels in the region (and in Francophone countries), contributing to data collection and analysis;
- Support the organization and participate in recruitment campaigns for French-speaking profiles, forums and humanitarian events;
- Contribute to improving recruitment capacity within local humanitarian networks in countries of operations;
Profile and experience sought
- University degree in social sciences, psychology, political science or related field.
- A specific diploma / master’s degree in human resources management will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar position
- Work experience in an association or NGO
- Field experience is preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and under demanding working conditions
- Ability to manage short deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and resistance to stress
- Advanced computer skills (Office pack, DataBase system)
- Excellent command of French
- Working knowledge of English
- Identification with the values and principles of INTERSOS
- Mature, diplomatic, polite and analytical
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
How to register
Interested candidates are invited to to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/italia/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/62960fc95986f400214db7e7/
Please note that our application process consists of 3 quick steps: Register (including your name, email, password, nationality and Skype address), Register and to apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF Format. Thanks to the platform, candidates will be able to follow the history of their applications with INTERSOS. In case you come across strict difficulties in applying via the platform, you can send an e-mail attaching your CV and cover letter (both in PDF version) by e-mail to [email protected], with the subject: “Platform issue – SR-00-2577-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last employment. Family members should be excluded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the first interview.